2020 Race Shirt Design Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
Design will appear on the 2020 Intertrust Cayman Islands Marathon runner shirts and event t-shirts
Considering all that is happening in the world right now, your design should be inspired by the ideas/themes of unity, running together, running CAYMAN together, Caymankind and the celebration of life and health
- Your design should be on the front of the shirt only and must have the Marathon logo visible on the front of the design. Do not alter, redesign, redraw, modify, distort or alter the proportion of the logo in any way. Do not place a pattern or design on the logo. Do not rotate or render the marks three-dimensionally. Do not replace the approved typeface in the logo with any other typeface.
- Various formats of the 2020 Cayman Islands Marathon logo can be found in a Dropbox folder here.
- You may submit up to two designs, but they must be submitted as separate entries.
- Your design must be wholly original. By submitting a design you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it, and that it does not contain any copyrighted material, including images/copy found on the internet, unless clearly marked as published under a creative commons (cc) license.
- Designs that are considered offensive or defamatory or in violation of any person’s right to privacy or other personal rights are not welcome. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Entries may not include: (a) profanity, nudity or material deemed inappropriate or offensive to the judges; (b) false or defamatory statements about any person or any third party; (c) third party trademarks which suggest affiliation with any trademark owner without permission of such owner or that dilute the value of any trademark; (d) obscene, indecent, violent, sexually explicit, abusive, discriminatory, racially inflammatory or other morally or legally objectionable depictions of material, in the opinion of the judges. If an entry includes any of the prohibited elements listed above, the entry will be disqualified, along with the contestant who submitted it.
- Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Captures some or all of the ideas/themes mentioned
- Striking and memorable design
- Visibility – eye-catching and visible from a reasonable distance
- Completeness of design – must be ready for print
- Feasibility – must be easy to reproduce
- Designs can be submitted in any medium, including paintings, drawings, illustrations or digital.
- Digital design submissions should be saved to 300 dpi to produce a quality output. Acceptable files are high resolution JPGs, TIFFs, AI and EPS files.
- Designs can include up to 6 colours
- Entrants may craft their own language and slogan. Use of corporate logos, individual brand artwork or other trademarked content not provided is prohibited
- The Cayman Islands Marathon colours are blue (R0 G114 B187, HEX #0072BB) and green (R140 G198 B62, HEX #8CC63E). Your design should somehow incorporate these colours as well as white and black as appropriate.
- The design should be on the front of the shirt and should be contained within a 14in. by 14in. area.
Submission Guidelines and Agreement:
- All entries should be submitted to email@example.com
- This contest is completely open to the public. Students 12 years old and up and adults can submit designs for consideration.
- The organisers of the Intertrust Cayman Islands Marathon will have first printing rights to the winning design. By submitting you agree that if your design wins, it can be used by the Intertrust Cayman Islands Marathon on a t-shirt and other promotional items, including the event website and marketing and public relations materials. The winner and image of the design will be recognised in our e-newsletter and on social media.
- Contest begins on Wednesday, 1 July 2020.
- You must submit your design by midnight on Friday, 31 July 2020.
- Entries will be judged by the Cayman Islands Marathon organisers, selecting three finalists.
Voting begins Wednesday, 5 August 2020. Finalists’ designs will be posted on the Cayman Islands Marathon Facebook and Instagram page, utilising likes as a voting mechanism.
The winning design will be decided upon by the following breakdown: 1/3 online votes, 1/3 event organiser, 1/3 title sponsor.
Voting closes at midnight on Friday, 14 August 2020.
The winner will be announced on Wednesday, 19 August.
- The winner will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the email address used to submit the design.
- Please note that the event reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning design.
- At the sole discretion of the Intertrust Cayman Islands Marathon organisers, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- winner’s failure to respond to email notification within three (3) business days after notification is sent;
- the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;
- winner’s failure to provide original design files;
- winner’s failure to execute and return a release form ?
- Upon contacting a winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the contest via social media post and the e-newsletter.
By submitting a design you are agreeing to all contest rules. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cayman Islands Marathon (CIM) has exclusive rights to reproduce and use. Entries become the property CIM and none will be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein. Submission of an entry grants CIM and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license and right to publish, use, edit, adapt, modify and/or publicly perform the entry in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, without limitation and without notice or consideration of the contestant.
By submitting an entry, each contestant in the contest further agrees that his/her entry constitutes an assignment of all rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, and title in and to such entry and the photograph therein to CIM. CIM may require contestants to execute documents to confirm this transfer of rights. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. Upon submission you agree to forfeit any ownership and are prohibited from the independent reproduction or sale of any images. By virtue of a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license for the designs granted by all finalists chosen prior to the voting process, CIM shall have the right to edit, adapt, print (as on apparel) and publish any or all of the designs deemed finalist, and may use them in any media and/or the promotion of CIM without compensation to the contestant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity.
CIM maintains the rights to receive all proceeds from the sale of any merchandise using the submitted artwork, without fee or other form of compensation due at any time to the contestant. Designs will be credited to the artist on CIM social media and in all promotions relevant to that product. In the event that ownership of any design submitted is challenged in any manner by any person, CIM may disqualify that design and will discontinue use.
CIM assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost submissions, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. CIM is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web-site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the contest.
If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of CIM which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, then CIM reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.